Road Casualties Online
Road Casualties Online is an online data tool developed by Road Safety Analysis on behalf of the Department for Transport. It allows members of the public to perform their own analysis and examination of Reported Crash Statistics, making them more accessible to a wider audience. Users are able to access and download statistics from across Great Britain or any specific area.
A primary purpose of Road Casualties Online from the point of view of road safety professionals is to provide the public with data required to answer Freedom of Information requests.
Although it uses similar technology to MAST, there are many features present in MAST reports which are not present in Road Casualties Online, including:
- Full coverage of the STATS19 dataset, such as Driver and Casualty Age details
- Access to Driver and Casualty Home information
- Mosaic profiling with Indexed reports
- The ability to add or remove dimensions from a report at will
- Show Similar Authorities
- Filtering by Road number
- Accurate definition of the Strategic Road Network
- Access to derived dimensions such as Crash Involved Vehicle Type and Casualty Type of Related Vehicle
- STATS19 data sets predating 2005